It is located in Corso Matteotti 101 – pedestrian area.

Inaugurated in 1984 to celebrate the anniversary of the great battle of Cecina in 1944, during which the allies liberated the city from 29 June to 2 July, it takes its name from the symbolic building of the town demolished in the 1960s.

It periodically organizes conferences, meetings, exhibitions and book presentations.